Wednesday, March 26, 2008

This morning, Doug Burr was talking about healing old memories and one came to mind and since i have done my life has been different which is great and here it again:
So this morning during my quiet time with Jesus, I was reading my bible and praying for people but I couldn't concrente on praying so I ask Jesus why? Because you and me have to deal with something, a negative memory of your childhood, I was like that make sense why I couldn't concentrate on praying. I ask what the memory was, it was the memory of my elemaranty school days when I always walk alone at recress and lunch and alway seeing people having fun with their friends and me playing on the tire swing by myself. i was like we starting to deal with my issue of rejection, jesus was yep we sure are. i ask where we going to do this, are we going to our meeting place. No was the response of jesus, we are going where it is all tooked place,the school ground of my elemany school. so i ask jesus how we were going to do this, he was like you are going to go through the memory but this time asking where i was in this situation and of course i was ok. so it starting me walking around the school yard,ask where jesus was and of course he was right beside me linking with my arm as we are skipping around the school yard. Jesus was a young child. so i went to the swings, i sat on the swings and i ask jesus where he was, he was the one that was pushing me on the swings. he pushed me in the back of me. he gave me a underduck and just walking in front of me and push on my feet as i swang back and forth, i got off the swing and went to the tire swing,ask where he was and he was the one that was pushing me and then he jump on the tire swing with me and we both could feel the wind in our hair and the sunshine bleaming down our faces. Then we went to the playground, we played tag and he was trying to chase me, i was too fast for him, he came back behind me and gave me this huge bear hug and i turned around to embace him, me and him just stood there for a while just embacing each other and just continually to play tag with smiles on our faces and this childlike joy came over both of us. It was sweet. the last thing he said was if you are feeling rejected by man, you are alway accepted by me and i am your friend and i want to spend time with you so come and chill out with me. i was like ok.

2 comments:

Hezza said...

wowwweeee...that's amazing Rebekah!

I'm really glad for you that you stopped praying and listened to Jesus. Some people would've just given up and gone to get a hamburger or something. (!)

There IS something special about Doug being in town, isn't there?! It's like inner healing is in the air.

loveH

Rebekah Dooley said...

yeah i was blessed to have a session with him this year, last year it never happened and i got deal with more things. It was a blessing for him to be around.